The sorry history of “range management” in the Gilpin continued in 2016.
For the complete story see extended article at: http://www.boundaryalliance.org/gilpin_saga2016.pdf
The video below tells part of the tale, and if your devices and download speed allow, the video is viewable at up to 1920 x 1080 high definition.
Drone views provide a new perspective.
In 2016 we saw repeats of earlier issues plus some new ones.
- Range cattle invading, damaging, and contaminating parkland, and a protected area at Gilpin Creek.
- New wildlife unfriendly fencing installed in the Gilpin.
- Flooding of Lost Lake area by tenure holder or agents through failure to set up cattle waterer.
- Will the tenure holder do the right thing in 2017 to prevent damage? Will Range Branch, MFLNRO, ensure it?
- Cattle grazing on public land makes no economic or ecological sense
For previous articles on problems in the Gilpin and on range cattle issues see www.boundaryalliance.org
and the page http://www.boundaryalliance.org/ba_008.htm